RICOTTA CHEESE AND CHERRY TART
|Chef Matías by Romeo & Julieta|
10 tablespoons all-purpose flour.
7 tablespoons ricotta cheese.
5 tablespoons butter.
4 ounces whipping cream.
5 tablespoons white sugar.
5 ½ tablespoons powdered sugar.
1 ½ tablespoons almond flour.
24 ripe cherries.
1 egg yolk.
Zest of one orange.
Pinch of salt.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and mix with the melted butter, 3 ½ tablespoons powdered sugar, salt, egg yolk and almond flour.
- Mix until smooth, cover with plastic wrap and let stand in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile wash, dry and remove the seeds from the cherries. Place in a pot with two tablespoons of sugar, orange zest and half a tablespoon of water. Cook at a high heat for five minutes.
- Turn off the heat and remove the cherries from the rest of the mixture. Allow to cool.
- On a floured flat surface, roll the dough to a thin sheet a ¼ inch or less thick. Form into a circle that will fit into a round tart mold or baking dish. Use the remaining butter to grease the bottom and sides of the mold and sprinkle lightly with flour. Press the dough into the bottom and push into the corners and up the sides.
- Use a fork to lightly pierce the bottom of the dough. Add the cherry mixture and spread evenly.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta with the heavy cream and remaining sugar. Distribute evenly into the mold covering the cherries and leaving a smooth surface.
- Cook in a hot oven (400°F) for about 20 minutes.
- Let the tart cool before removing from the mold.
- Sprinkle each serving with remaining powdered sugar. Garnish with a few fresh cherries and a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
- Time to enjoy the delicious RICOTTA CHEESE AND CHERRY TART.